Thursday, May 26, 2016

A glance of Cornwall between Morocco and the Netherlands

This is my first and probably last view of Cornwall from a direct flight from Marrakech to Schiphol airport (yes!!). Two conditions are needed for such an experience:(1) a huge strike on France imposing planes to flight around the hexagon and (2) a fairly unclouded sky. So next time opportunity has a very low probability : it might be fully cloudy.

This is a fairly blue sky above the North sea just off-shore UK somewhere between Marakech and Amsterdam. Too much CO2? Hopefully there are some wond mills (right lower corner after zooming)

I suppose this flight was designed to me. To cross on a single flight an arabo-andalusian country, Portugal, Alentejo, Alqueva, Lisbon, the water masses of the Gulf of Biscay, the UK and all those deltaic sedimentary deposits called The Netherlands. Maybe someone else in th plane has the same connections as I with all this places... but I do not believe he was happily concerned by the major strike in France.

This is the sediment plume coming out of the Thames.


No comments: